Our Company History
Cincinnati, Ohio-based Doran Manufacturing opened in 1953 and was incorporated in 1954. The company was started by Edward Bauer and Robert Mayer and was named after their wives, Dorothy and Ann. These two men were Amp representatives who saw the need for low voltage interconnection devices like terminal boards and blocks in appliances and other machines. These blocks made the assembly of the wiring for the machine much more efficient.
In January, 1956 Doran Manufacturing Co. became a subsidiary of Osborne Coinage Company. In April of 2003, Doran became independent of Osborne Coinage and was incorporated newly as Doran Mfg, LLC. Osborne Coinage and Doran Mfg, LLC are owned by Evolving Enterprises, Inc which was formed in September, 2007 and is wholly owned by the Stegman family.